Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Tapatalk Kunena forum plugin released as beta

More
12 years 7 months ago #31 by jayeley
Thanks for reporting this, we'll check.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #32 by flatwebb

jayeley wrote: Thanks for reporting this, we'll check.

Cool, thanks B)

If I may be honest, the Kunena Discuss plugin doesn't seem to populate the forum topics in a way that is pleaseing to the eye. Is there a reason for the odd embedding with a dotted border around the content? It seems to try to use the 'Read On' css class from the site template too, which gives very mixed results...

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #33 by MichaelVash7886
I believe the bot is using a special BBCode created specifically for Kunena, if you edit a post made by discussion bot you'll see:
Code:
[article=intro]<id>[/article]

I'm guessing that Tapatalk knows most basic bbcode but has no idea what do with this. Like all code it disappears but in this case without fulfilling it's function.

This is probably the reason for the whole box thing, just guessing there though.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by MichaelVash7886.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34 by flatwebb
Hmmm, why does it need to use a custom BB code then? I've seen other such plug-ins for PHPBB etc that just parse the content straight into a topic as per normal ones. I don't really understand what the need for the BB code appraoch is. Comments anyone?

More
12 years 7 months ago #35 by MichaelVash7886
I'm thinking it's much easier since they are only dealing with one forum and they are the devs of that forum. I'm guessing you are talking about Jfusion,keep in mind it's supposed to link up to multiple forums, so instead of having to hack them all it's easier to parse the text.

More
12 years 7 months ago #36 by flatwebb

MichaelVash7886 wrote: I'm guessing you are talking about Jfusion

No I'm talking about add-ons that pull in rss feed content straight into Forum topics. I used one with phpbb a few years back that was great...

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #37 by BullButcher
Hi. Got problem

Joomla 1.5.20
Kunena 1.6.3
Tapatalk Kunena forum plugin
Not Installed: Server Error(1)
my forum
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by BullButcher.

More
12 years 7 months ago #38 by sozzled
G'day, BullButcher, and welcome to Kunena.

I don't know the answer to your question, specifically (because I haven't tried the Tapatalk plugin) but I suggest that you upgrade to J! 1.5.23 and K 1.6.5 before you do anything else.

More
12 years 7 months ago #39 by Kymmy
I was going to suggest the same..

Also please note that some components which link into authentification of joomla (like for example Community builder can crash the plugin (check on the tapatalk forum for a solution)

Your error though is that the tapatalk server can;t find your install.. Make sure that the plugin is installed and activated, you've uploaded the /mobiqu directory to the root of your site (disregard the /forum/ and you've set the permissions correctly (644/755) and on the tapatalk activation you've put your root URL which in your case should be
Code:
http://europencompanyformation.com

That should get it working bar problems with other components.

PS @ Sozzled.. Have you given up ironing??? :p

More
12 years 7 months ago #40 by robmd21
So far so good on my forum.

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds