Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Loved WYSIWYG BBCode editor

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #71 by cotswoldphoto
Replied by cotswoldphoto on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
OK

I have made a zip file with all the files in. Be aware that this is an edit of CKEDitor and thus for the purposes of using it JUST with Kunena, many of these files are likely redundant.

The first key file is in the root, called bbcode.html. This demos how it works. What you SHOULD see is 2 boxes. The top one has the WYSIWYG editor, as it stands to date, and in the bottom one SHOULD be the underlying Kunena bbcode. You can edit the html file to change what is in the bottom box at the time you load bbcode.html to test how the code converts this to WYSIWYG.

Each time you change the content of the top WYSIWYG box, the border of the bottom box goes green as it is processed and converted to Kunena bbcode. Note: the code to display the bottom box is a bit flaky and sometimes doesn't display as bbode but instead shows the WYSIWYG!!

Also in the bbcode.html file is how to initialize the WYSIWYG window

The real work is being done in the plugin.js file, which is inside the plugins > bbcode folder (note, I have left a copy of the original ckeditor version in the folder too, for comparison).

It has 2 main jobs to do:

1. Convert bbcode to WYSIWYG upon opening the editor (for example, editing a post, or quoting from a previous post).
2. Convert WYSIWYG to bbcode ready for posting.

To do this it swaps the tags between kunana's bbcode and html tags, and vice versa.

The issue comes when a kunena bbcode tag is not simple, or the kunena bbocde tag does not have a direct html tag replacement, but instead has a div with inline style (such as align left).

Edit: The file would not upload!!! You can instead download it from here

There is always tomorrow. If there isn't, why worry? The world must be about to end!
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by cotswoldphoto.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGenius1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #72 by sammy66
Replied by sammy66 on topic WYSIWYG BBCode editor
Hi,

How can the likes of Vbulletin and so on use a editor just fine and safely.

I am not fused about all the HTML code but a simple bb code editor that outputs it visually would be amazing to have.

Regards

More
9 years 6 days ago #73 by studio42
Hi all,
i have make a pack including WysiBB editor.
Details in forum : www.kunena.org/forum/general-user-contri...or-and-swipe-gallery
or go to shop.st42.fr/en/themes/kunena-3-bootstrap-theme.htm to download it.

Time to create page: 1.009 seconds