Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved K 2.0.1 Fatal Error: Call to undefined method KunenaForumTopic::getTopic() in components/com_kunena/controllers/topic.php on line 567

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #21 by sozzled
Thank you for explaining this. I was confused because you started a new topic about "new user is guest" and I really did not understand what you were trying to describe. The real problem, as I understand it, is the same as you previously reported when you were using K 2.0.1. This is a problem where your forum moderators get a fatal error trying to delete a message during the message review procedure. Site administrators do not get this fatal error. This is why I merged your new topic with the one you used earlier even though we're discussing two different versions of Kunena.

The difference between your earlier report (when you were using K 2.0.1) and now (K 2.0.2) is the line number that is responsible for the PHP exception. The means by which you generate the error is the same.

Now that we have cleared up this confusion that I had, I'm sorry but I do not have an explanation why this error occurs in K 2.0.2 ... Any more than I could explain why the problem occurred in K 2.0.1. Perhaps a member of the Kunena development team can offer an explanation?
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pequeno74

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #22 by pequeno74
Thank you so much. In addition to the 500 error (in K 2.0.1 and K 2.0.2), I want to say the error occurred in the creation of this user and post his messages. They are totally different, but I do not know if it will be related.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #23 by sozzled

pequeno74 wrote: In addition to the 500 error (in K 2.0.1 and K 2.0.2), I want to say the error occurred in the creation of this user ...

:pinch: Now I am confused again!

Who is "creating" this user? Do you create users on your site? When you create a user to do get the error message "Fatal Error: Call to undefined method KunenaForumTopic::getTopic() in components/com_kunena/controll​ers/topic.php on line 572"? Or does this error occuur is a forum moderator "creates? a user? Or does this error message ("Fatal Error: Call to undefined method KunenaForumTopic::getTopic() in components/com_kunena/controll​ers/topic.php on line 572") occur when someone registers on your website? I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean when you write "the error occurred in the creation of this user". Are we discussing all users or only one user?

pequeno74 wrote: ... and post his messages

Does this mean that when a new user is "created" on your website, every time they post a message in a category where you use the setting Review Posts = Yes, they receive an error, too? Or, again, does this mean that the problem only affects one particular user? :S
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pequeno74

More
11 years 5 months ago #24 by pequeno74
Hello, problem only affect one particular user when he post a message in a category where I use Review Posts= No.
Other users don´t have this problem. The user don´t receive any error.
I don´t know why! Other users created an account and nothing happened.

How solved the problem with this user?
In the back end the user was registered but In user account (Joomla users), I selected public level access for this user and save. After I changed to registered user and save. Problem solved: the user can publish directly in forums.

More
11 years 5 months ago #25 by xillibit
Try this, change in components/com_kunena/controllers/topic.php line 572 like this :
Code:
if (!$target->authorise('read')) { if ($target instanceof KunenaForumMessage) { $target = $target->getTopic(); if ($target->authorise('read')) { // TODO: need to get closest message $target = KunenaForumMessageHelper::get($target->last_post_id); } else { $target = $target->getCategory(); } } }

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds