Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for any of the products contained herein. For product support you should visit the developer's website.

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use various third-party products with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of other Joomla extensions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Kunena and EasySocial

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #1 by lagen
Kunena and EasySocial was created by lagen
Do you have any plans to create a plugin for EasySocial?
demo.stackideas.com/

When someone post in Kunena it's would be great if it come on activity stream in EasySocial.

//Patrik
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by lagen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena and EasySocial
The Kunena team has no plans to develop plugins for EasySocial.

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by lagen
Replied by lagen on topic Kunena and EasySocial
I hope Kunena will do in the future.
Else at the end I guess many people have to take a decisions if they want to leave Kunena/Jomsocial for EasySocial/EasyDiscuss/other forum.

For me I like Kunena a lot and really want it's to work with EasySocial.

But maybe this is a to early questions, maybe should wait little bit and then all is solved.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
I think that it will be extremely unlikely the Kunena team will attempt this. EasySocial is licensed under a proprietary-use policy which, in effect, conflicts with the GPL licensing terms and may make it illegal for the Kunena team to try to engineer EasySocial to work with Kunena. Kunena, on the other hand, is licensed under the GPL policy which means that it would be appropriate for the developers of EasySocial to write plugins for Kunena - as long as those plugins did not break the GPL - to allow integration with Easysocial.

In other words, you should ask the developers of EasySocial if they have any plans to integrate their products with Kunena; the Kunena team has no plans to write software that interoperates with EasySocial.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 5 months ago #5 by lagen
Replied by lagen on topic Kunena and EasySocial
Thanks, I have ask Stackideas about this.

proprietary I only know it's not good about switches like Cisco.
But I wait Stackideas answer.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #6 by imarklee
Replied by imarklee on topic Kunena and EasySocial
Hello guys,

I am the lead developer from StackIdeas and I am not entirely sure where did you guys heard about EasySocial being licensed under proprietary license. This is incorrect because EasySocial is released under the GNU GPL license :)

We do love to build strong integrations with Kunena and we are looking forward for ideas if you need any help or any valid license, we'll be glad to set up one for you guys.

Let me know.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled
G'day, imarklee, and welcome to our community.

Thank you for your helpful input to this topic. We appreciate it. :)

According to your website :

STACKIDEAS.COM PROPRIETARY USE LICENSE

The STACKIDEAS.COM Proprietary Use License covers any images, cascading stylesheets, manuals and JavaScript files in any extensions produced and/or distributed by STACKIDEAS.COM. These files are proprietary of STACKIDEAS.COM (Stack Ideas Sdn. Bhd.), copyrighted and cannot be redistributed in any form without prior permission from STACKIDEAS.COM (Stack Ideas Sdn. Bhd.)

This does not seem to conform to the GNU GPL licence. We don't want to get into any legal entanglement here, but if there are conditions of your licensing terms that exclude your products from listing on the Joomla Extensions Directory, we would prefer to steer the "safe" legal course.

That having been said, the Kunena APIs are published as open source and are available to any Joomla extension developer to use in any way they desire (subject, of course, to the same intellectual property conditions that apply to all software licensed under the GPL).

In responding to lagen's request for information about the plans that the Kunena team has to develop a plugin for integrating EasySocial with Kunena, I think I have made clear our position. We have no plans to develop the integration that lagen has requested.

More
10 years 5 months ago #8 by imarklee
Hello sozzled,

Wow, thanks for the quick reply and appreciate it very much!

I don't think you guys should worry about that block in the license file because that is only to protect our theme files. The core files are all licensed under the GNU GPL v2 license. In fact that license block was suggested by the team from JED as some of our templates were being copied by 3rd party extension and they did mention that we are allowed to license our theme files (non core files) to be licensed under a different license.

I would love to have you guys on board to build a strong integration between EasySocial and Kunena but if there's no plans for this, we'll have to build it ourselves I guess.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #9 by sozzled
Thanks for clarifying the "legal questions"; this makes a lot more sense to me.

The Kunena team has an ambitious program of work on its hands at the moment so that we can stay on top of our game. These activities have stretched the team's resources considerably.

We're always on the look-out for skilled developers to work with the project to enrich Kunena in ways that are not always possible when there's only so much work one can do with the time (and money) available. In this case, it is fortunate that we've opened a dialog with Stackideas. I think it would advantage both Kunena and EasySocial if you contacted our lead developer directly (his address is on our team page) and let him know what ideas you have in mind.

:) Cheers

More
10 years 5 months ago #10 by imarklee
Ah coolio! I will try to get in touch with Matias. I believe I have been working with him very long ago when JomSocial initially launched (I was part of the core developers of JomSocial quite a while back) :p

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond here!

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds