Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
15 years 1 month ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1 by Eddie_E
Hi

Am I able to conifigure my forum to allow registered users to only reply to already created posts and only have the admin and moderator create new threads?

Thanks

Eddie
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic subject changed
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by grumblemarc
Don't think so. Why would you need such a function?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by Eddie_E
Because I have to set up a small discussion group that Invites a small group of people to talk about 1 specific topic. I only really want the users to reply to this topic and keep everything under 1 thread.

Just trying to make it as simple as possible as some of these users would have never used a forum before. But if you are unable to perform such a function then the users will just need extra instruction.

Thanks

Eddie
More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #4 by cowboysdude
Eddie_E wrote:

Because I have to set up a small discussion group that Invites a small group of people to talk about 1 specific topic. I only really want the users to reply to this topic and keep everything under 1 thread.

Just trying to make it as simple as possible as some of these users would have never used a forum before. But if you are unable to perform such a function then the users will just need extra instruction.

Thanks

Eddie

Perhaps something in 1.1 or later version.. I'm thinking this... You have a new user on the forum and perhaps you don't want them making a new thread but they can respond in the forum threads already there... as they post and can show they are a 'member' of the forum they can gain the New Thread access... That may go hand-in-hand with the Joomla 1.6 rights management [if I said that correctly]...hummmm that's interesting... NICE idea...

Perhaps if you go to kunena.uservoice.com/ and suggest that...

B)
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by cowboysdude.
More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by Matias
I need something like this by myself, so it's coming sooner or later.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #6 by Woehero
Replied by Woehero on topic Groups?
Hello, firstly im not entirely sure this is the correct place for posting this, so sorry if its in teh wrong place. now to teh matter at hand.
I was wondering if your able to create groups using Kunena then have them being hte mods on the forums.
for example say i wanted a group called Staff
i could have say 5 members in it and if i put that group as the mo of a forum it would say Moderators: Staff instead of Moderators: (insertperonsnamehere)
is there a way to do it or is it impossible for now?
thanks in advance.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #7 by whouse
Replied by whouse on topic Re:Groups?
Currently, this is not possible. It is something that we are working on but at present, it is not available. Kunena currently uses the Joomla groups such as Registered User, Author, Editor, etc.
Hope this answers your question.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8 by Woehero
Replied by Woehero on topic Re:Groups?
ah it does, thanks for lettin me know.
More
14 years 10 months ago #9 by bakafox
I'm working on a site that really needs some micro-managed permissions. So far it's looking like the previous build is going to be our launch forum system, it isn't really up to the kind of permissions management the board/side directors want.

What I'd like to see in the future are real mix and match settings that I can apply to individual boards, for example:

Forum A: Everyone can view, Authors on up can post, All registered users can reply

Forum B: Authors and up can view, Publishers can post, The authors on up can reply

Forum C: Publishers on up can view, Administrators can post, The publishers on up can reply

I've had other forums in the past that had permissions that could be set up like that with all their special groups, so I'm a little surprised that I've yet to find any Joomla native forum that can do it, considering Joomla's core itself is sort of based around different permissions doing different things in different places.
More
14 years 10 months ago #10 by Matias
Joomla has only static permission system, so it cannot be used..

Your feature is something that we need by ourselves, so we have already planned it. Unfortunately there is only 24 hours a day, so it hasn't been implemented yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BaB, adalio, mikaelch
Time to create page: 0.513 seconds