Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Question Rename "Reporting Defects" to "Report Bugs"

More
9 years 7 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
I believe that the subforum "Kunena 3.0 Support (Reporting Defects)" should be renamed to "Kunena 3.0 Support (Reporting Bugs)

The reason is that in all open source projects, software, games etc. problems in code are reffered to as "Bugs". Iam a web designer/developer myself and I haven't seen that forum anywhere reffered to as "defects".

It took me about a minute to find the forum (usually it takes me seconds), it might not sound important to you but new users might post in the 1st subforum just because of this rename issue. So think of changing it.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
For a short explanation of why the term defect is used (in preference to the undefined term "bug") please read java.dzone.com/articles/its-not-bug-its . I respect your view if you prefer the term bug although this suggests to me that something somehow "invaded" the code during the development cycle. I prefer the term defect because it conveys the idea that a piece of software was not properly designed or not implemented in a manner that met the design specifications.

I avoid the word "bug" because that's often merely a developer's excuse for poor workmanship: "It wasn't my fault; it must be a bug in the system!" Know what I mean? ;)

More
9 years 7 months ago #3 by Kotsolis
Don't worry, noone is going to think that way. For example in the Joomla.org forum they use terms "Bug Reporting"

forum.joomla.org/

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds