Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question adding a neww bbcode tag

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by ente1
hello,
i want to have a new bbcode to the another

it should be display a download button where the user can put their links

like this

[img

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by Spock
Replied by Spock on topic Re:adding a neww bbcode tag
Hi ente1,
It is possible to add a new bbcode but it'll require a hack of the Kunena core code. I'm sorry but i'm not entirely sure what you mean by "the user can put their links" or "download button". Could you explain what exatly you are trying to achieve? Please be as detailed as possible

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by ente1
Replied by ente1 on topic Re:adding a neww bbcode tag
i want a button to display this code
Code:
[url=http:// your downloadlink] [img]http://plattenspiel.de/images/dowanload.gif[/img] [/url]

in my forum can you download recordings from events etc.
not illegal warez
all user can put links in the forum
so i don´t want to see the download links
i like it to show a button

sorry for my bad english

More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by Spock
Ok i just wanted to get the detail of what the button was supposed to do. I don't know exactly how to achieve this properly. It'll have to be very similar to the URL BB code but just display an image instead of URL text. I'm just clarifying this here for other users because somebody with more PHP skills might know a work-around.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:adding a neww bbcode tag
I think I see what you want. You want a way of simplifying the URL insertion function so that your users can sumbit their own links that will appear in their messages as an image that others can click. Yeah? :unsure:

Another way of saying this is that you want to force your users to use a standard format
Code:
[url=http://user-supplied-URL][img]http://plattenspiel.de/images/ dowanload.gif[/img] [/url]
Why not just tell them (nicely) that's what you want them to do? B)
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #6 by Spock
sozzled wrote:

I think I see what you want. You want a way of simplifying the URL insertion function

so that your users can sumbit their own links that will appear in their messages as an image that others can click. Yeah? :unsure:

No that's not what he wants if you read ente1 request properly

To clarify for other users he is trying to achieve the following:
  • When a user submits a specific URL point to a download of recordings from events etc. the link Url or text will be replaced by a Download button to reduce unnecessary text on his forum
  • This will be done exactly the same as a URL field is added by the bbcode but a new hack to replace these download links with an image
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Spock. Reason: added a bit more info

More
14 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:adding a neww bbcode tag
Spock wrote:

sozzled wrote:

I think I see what you want. You want a way of simplifying the URL insertion function

so that your users can sumbit their own links that will appear in their messages as an image that others can click. Yeah? :unsure:

No that's not what he wants if you read ente1 request properly

To clarify for other users he is trying to achieve the following:
  • When a user submits a specific URL point to a download of recordings from events etc. the link Url or text will be replaced by a Download button to reduce unnecessary text on his forum
  • This will be done exactly the same as a URL field is added by the bbcode but a new hack to replace these download links with an image

Actually, what I wrote and what you wrote (about our understanding of the question) are essentially the same thing ... but I'm not going to argue about it, particularly as there's a really, really simple non-technical solution to the problem.

More
14 years 9 months ago #8 by ente1
@ sozzled and spock

yes that what i meaned,but the Tag should be original not hacked.so i want add a extra bbcod for this.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #9 by Spock
sozzled wrote:

Actually, what I wrote and what you wrote (about our understanding of the question) are essentially the same thing ... but I'm not going to argue about it, particularly as there's a really, really simple non-technical solution to the problem.

Agreed, sozzled (it was late last night when i read your reply) i misinterpreted what you meant. The simple workaround will work perfectly well by asking your members(or moderators if it isn't a large board) to display the image within the URL bbcode tag.

as sozzles said:
Code:
[url=http://user-supplied-URL][img]http://plattenspiel.de/images/dowanload.gif[/img] [/url]

Will display exactly like this:

[img

Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Spock.

More
14 years 9 months ago #10 by ente1
yes i know but i want a button,do you know where is the code for bbcodes
i didn´t wan´t to tell this every user = over 3000 user

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds