Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for AlphaUserPoints or its related products. For AlphaUserPoints support you should visit AlphaPlug .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use AlphaUserPoints with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of AlphaUserPoints.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important Kunena AUP plugin not working with Jomsocial

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #1 by woonydanny
I have AUP 1.8.3 installed and jomsocial 2.8.4 installed and kunena 3.02 installed on joomla 2.5.14

everything seems to work ok, except the jomsocial activity stream is not updating with kunena activities!

i have worked out that in the Kunena configuration if i publish both plugins "Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Integration" and "Kunena - JomSocial Integration" it doesnt work.

If i unpublish the AUP plugin and just leave the Kunena jomsocial plugin it works.

I need the AUP published though, because if i unpublish the AUP plugin it does not then give points to kunena activities in AUP!! which is the crux of my AUP usage.

Please help :):)

please can someone help me out! thanks

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by woonydanny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xristo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2 by woonydanny
ok this is driving me insane.

how can i have AUP and jomsocial both working with kunena? i would like to publish both the Kunena Jomsocial integration plugin and also the Kunena Alphauserpoints integration plugin

1. with JS plugin published the js activity stream works but aup points activity does not work.
2. with aup plugin published with js plugin the aup points activity works, but the js activity stream does not update with kunena activities (eg userA left a thank you, user B posted a topic etc)

how can i get it working? please

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: xristo

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #3 by sozzled

woonydanny wrote: ... with aup plugin published with js plugin the aup points activity works, but the js activity stream does not update with kunena activities

I don't know if we can necessarily help you with questions about how to make kunena work with JomSocial - my understanding (and our responsibility) is restricted to how to make basic parts of JomSocial work within Kunena - but, perhaps, someone in the community knows something about this (or maybe the JomSocial team may know more)? I don't personally have any knowledge about the JomSocial Activity Stream (which is not a product of the Kunena team) but, perhaps, the guys who built the interface know more.

Not much help, I know, but I suggest you also pursue your line of investigation with the JomSocial team. The answer, however, may lie in what versions of software products you have installed. I don't know what versions of products you're running without searching around for (hopefully) your up-to-date Kunena configuration report.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago #4 by woonydanny
ill go down the avenue of jomsocial support and see where that takes me.....

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #5 by woonydanny
Ok hopefully between Jomsocial, AUP and Kunena we will be able to work out the problem.

Jomsocial support palmed me of to AUP support. AUP suggested to reorder the kunena plugins. So I have tried changing the kunena plugin ordering and have found these results:

When the AUP plugin is ordered above the jomsocial plugin, then AUP works as it should. The AUP points are displayed under each users name in the kunena forum and it generates points for each kunena activity.

When the kunena AUP plugin is ordered below the kunena jomsocial plugin, then AUP does not show AUP points in kunena forum and AUP does not generate points for each kunena activity. Jomsocial does generate the kunena activities in the jomsocial activity stream.

So as i need AUP to generate points and show each users points in their kunena area for each of their posts I have had to leave the kunena AUP plugin higher ordered than the kunena jomsocial plugin. However this means that no kunena activities are generated in the jomsocial stream still, which i need to happen as well.

Does this help with figuring out a solution to having both AUP and Jomsocial work correctly together?

many thanks

Attachments:

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #6 by woonydanny
Jomsocial have responded that they only maintain these 3 plugins: Kunena Groups, My Forum Menu, My Forum Posts and that these plugins are used to integrate with Kunena from JomSocial side.

But Jomsocial have said the issue i am having is Kunena activities into JomSocial stream, which is action from Kunena side. So they are saying kunena need to look into the issue to resolve.

So it seems like it is an issue with the kunena integration plugins which kunena maintain. There is obviously a conflict with using both the jomsocial and AUP kunena integration plugins at the same time.

Can a Kunena dev please investigate. thanks

More
10 years 6 months ago #7 by N6REJ
I need this info too

More
10 years 6 months ago #8 by Shaun Downend
This sounds remarkably like the same problem I am experiencing with 2 Kunena plugins, Tapatalk and JomSocial. If the Tapatalk plugin is enabled then the JomSocial plugin breaks and doesn't show the Kunena activities in the JomSocial activity stream. If I disable the Tapatalk plugin then the JomSocial plugin works just fine.

I have been speaking to one of the Tapatalk devs, and he says that he has spoken to the Kunena team, who believe the problem is on their end. They said they would look into it when they get the chance (low priority).

I am patiently waiting for a fix.

More
10 years 6 months ago #9 by loppan
Hi all,

I'm following this thread with high interest because I'm also a user of Jomsocial and AUP - and most likely - a future user of Kunena.

Getting AlphaUserPoints for posts etc to work is critical for me - as well as sending new posts to the stream of course.

If there is a conflict I really hope we can find a solution somehow :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: N6REJ

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #10 by N6REJ
I'm kinda surprised by the silence from kunena about this.
I just realized we have different versions of Joomla and kunena and probably jomsocial. for clarification I'm going to put my system specs and suggest everyone else do the same.
  • Jomsocial 3.0.5
  • Joomla 3.1.5
  • Kunena 3.0.2
  • AUP 1.9.0

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 360 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : JowGradient | author: Troy T. Hall | version: 1.2 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.9.0 | Jomsocial 3.0.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by N6REJ.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds