Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Search Plugin does not work

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1 by mibert
Hi there,

I am using Kunena 1.6.1 in a Joomla 1.5.22 Installation.
I tried to install the current search plugin plg_kunenasearch_v1.6.0-RC2_b94 in the Joomla backend and it seemed to be installed OK but as a matter of fact, its not working at all.

When trying to uninstall it, I get a message saying "Plugin Uninstall: Manifest File invalid or not found"

Is there any fix for this issue or does anybody have the same problem.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Best regards

Michael

BTW: The search function of this forum also seems not to work for me. I tried to search for the terms "search plugin" but the result is an empty page. Here is the URL:
www.kunena.org/forum/advsearch?q=Search+...name=1&childforums=1
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by mibert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Which method do you using to install this plugin ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by mibert
I used the normal Joomla backend installation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by xillibit
Yes, by putting the zip file or using directory method ?

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by mibert
I used the ZIP file method

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by xillibit
Do you have if there is a xml file in the archive ?
Maybe the archive is corrupted try to re-download it with firefox ?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #7 by mibert
Hi Xillibit,

thanks for the suggestion. But how do I properly uninstall the existing plugin.
The ZIP file contains a XML file called kunenasearch.xml with the following content:

I include it to this post:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!DOCTYPE install> <install version="1.5" type="plugin" group="search" method="upgrade"> <name>Search - Kunena</name> <author>Kunena Team</author> <creationDate>2010-08-31</creationDate> <build>94</build> <copyright>(c) 2010 Kunena Team, All rights reserved</copyright> <authorEmail>[email protected]</authorEmail> <authorUrl>www.kunena.com</authorUrl> <license>GNU/GPL</license> <version>1.6.0-RC2</version> <description>PLG_KUNENASEARCH_DESCRIPTION</description> <files> <filename plugin="kunena">kunenasearch.php</filename> </files> <languages> <language tag="en-GB">en-GB.plg_search_kunena.ini</language> </languages> <params> <param name="search_limit" type="text" size="5" default="50" label="PLG_KUNENASEARCH_PARAM_SEARCH_LIMIT" description="PLG_KUNENASEARCH_PARAM_SEARCH_LIMIT_DESC"/> <param name="content_limit" type="text" size="5" default="40" label="PLG_KUNENASEARCH_PARAM_CONTENT_LIMIT" description="PLG_KUNENASEARCH_PARAM_CONTENT_LIMIT_DESC"/> <param name="show_bbcode" type="radio" default="1" label="PLG_KUNENASEARCH_PARAM_SHOW_BBCODE" description="PLG_KUNENASEARCH_PARAM_SHOW_BBCODE_DESC"> <option value="0">PLG_KUNENASEARCH_OPTION_NO</option> <option value="1">PLG_KUNENASEARCH_OPTION_YES</option> </param> </params> </install>

Best regards

Michael
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by mibert. Reason: Can not upload XML files

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #8 by louis0815
I had exactly the same problem.

Regarding the manual deinstallation, Google came up with this .

But before manually deleting it, I realized the root cause of the problem:

The plugin files are named kunenasearch.* - but the plugin is initially configured with filename kunena. As soon as you either change the plugin config to kunenasearch or rename the files to kunena.* the plugin becomes active.
Renaming is the better option because line 52 of kunenasearch.php looks for kunena as well:
Code:
$plugin = JPluginHelper::getPlugin ( 'search', 'kunena' );

Or, even better: try the file from SVN as mentioned in this post
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by louis0815.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mibert

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by mibert
Hi Louis,

thank you very much for this great advise. Using your suggestion I can now install and uninstall the plugin.

Strange enough it is still not working well. It can only find the posts, which have been written before the update to Kunena 1.6.1 six days ago, but none of the posts which was written after this update.

Does anybody have an idea, how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend.

Best regards

Michael

More
13 years 3 months ago #10 by mibert
Hi there,

I am still facing same issue. The Joomla Search plugin of Kunena 1.6.1 only finds posts, which was posted before the update to Kunena 1.6.1.

All posts after this upgrade are not found.

Could you please let me know, if someone are facing the same issue, or am I alone with this.

Thanks in advance for your advise and have a nice weekend.

Best regards

Michael

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds