Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important SOLVED! quote button problem...

More
13 years 7 months ago #11 by severdia
It's a good practice to avoid the use of !important except where absolutely necessary. That's a fine temporary fix in this situation, but we should namespace those classes in Kunena to avoid the problem altogether (like we've done with all the other classes).

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #12 by fxstein
Thanks for letting us know.

We are looking at possibilities to make these css styles and their names more unique to Kunena. If the span class would be called "kquote" instead of quote, the issue would not happen in the first place, but then again their is no guarantee that some other template defines "kquote" for something different. So maybe it would have to be "kunena-quote" to be sure.

This might be too big of a last minute css change but we need to think about it for the next releases.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 7 months ago #13 by sozzled
Yes, I absolutely agree with severdia and fxstein on this matter. !important is never good practice. Sometimes it's unavoidable but it should only be used as a last resort. The ideal fix is, as the guys have written, to make the Kunena CSS namespace unique.

More
13 years 7 months ago #14 by Matias
At this point renaming our css rules may not be a good idea because of upgrade will break existing templates. People do not expect minor upgrades breaking their site, so I would not make any changes that forces users to upgrade their templates -- not in RC2.

Because of that I suggest that we use temporal solution and fix this issue for the next major release.

More
13 years 7 months ago #15 by snilloconator
I would agree not to change the css style names especially during RC. But unique css names would help for the final release. Thank you for the replies and considering a fix!

More
13 years 7 months ago #16 by kat06

Cerberus wrote: No to be honest it has nothing to do with kunena, its the new joomla 1.5.20 mootools 1.2 plugin that causes the issue because it is incompatable with teh old mootools 1.1 plugin and sadly RT still use the old plugin when they make there templates. Kunena is just ahead of the game in making there software fully mootools 1.2 and J1.6 complient

hi again cerberus,

i do respect all the time and effort you put into helping out kunena users, but unfortunately i keep seeing statements from you about rockettheme products and compatibility issues which are simply untrue.

if you don't mind, i would like to correct this once and for all and would appreciate it very much if you stopped spreading false information like that.

at this point all rockettheme club templates released after august 2008 have been updated for mootools 1.2.4 compatibility and will work fine with the mootools upgrade plugin enabled (and also disabled).
the previous templates are currently being worked on and tested and will be released over the next couple of weeks.

regarding the extensions, the following extensions have been updated and are compatible with mootools 1.2.4:

RokStories
RokBox
RokNavMenu
RokNewsPager
RokAjaxSearch
RokTabs
RokPad
RokCandy
RokTwittie
RokQuickCart
RokNewsFlash
RokWeather
RokStock
RokSlideShow

Rokvirtuemart_categories (template only release)
Rokvirtuemart_scroller (template only release)
RokMiniNews (template only release)
RokFeature (template only release)

kat :)
rockettheme
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias, fxstein, severdia, sozzled

More
13 years 7 months ago #17 by fxstein
kat,

Thank you soo much for all the information! I completely agree with you and want to re-iterate that I believe RT is really the leader in this area. We are using RT themes on various sites and even here on Kunena.com we are running a modified free GPL theme from RT.

Thank You!

Oliver

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 7 months ago #18 by severdia
Thanks for the update, kat. I know that way back in December 2009 at the Joomla dev conference in NY, Andy Miller graciously offered to be a testing ground for the new MooTools 1.2 upgrade, which also enabled RocketTheme to be one of the first ones out of the gate with compatibility. It's great to see the transition has progressed well and RT is ahead of everyone else. :)

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #19 by OzumSage
thanks for this fix. i was having the same problem.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by OzumSage.

More
13 years 5 months ago #20 by haitao
Hi!

Well there is still a conflict between RokAjaxSearch 2.0 and BBcode on Kunena 1.6. Any advice?

Thanks.
Fred

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds