Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question My buttons are not right...

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by btbdance
I just installed the latest kunena... my buttons became different... please look @ the pic - what can i do to rectify this?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by darksoul
Clear the browser cache

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #3 by sozzled
I've seen that problem before (but I can't remember the specifics at the moment).

We're getting far too many reports of "please look at this picture and you will see the problem". Yes, we can look at the picture and we can certainly agree with you that there is a problem.

There are, my estimate, over 10,000 different Joomla templates in existence in the world today (those are just the commercial ones); I have personally tested Kunena 1.6 with about 10 - that's my entire experience. When users claim they're having problems I believe them! ... but if users want help with solving their problems, the solutions are quite often as different and as unique as the template that they're using.

It is a much more effective for users to include their configuration report with the description of their problems. The configuration report provides details of the website where we can see the problems for ourselves, first-hand.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by severdia
Make sure you are using the default template. It looks like you created your own template based on RC or an earlier version and you might need to update it.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by fxstein
This might help you find the differences: www.kunena.com/forum/170-k-16-templates-...know-the-diff-to-rc2

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by jodin
I am having same problems after I changed the button set from the kunena template manager. I set it back to default, but the still look like the buttons in the original post.

my settings:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC3 | Build: 3539 | Version name: Jadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #7 by fxstein
You css file does not match the buttons.

You can only use a css file based on RC3 AND buttons sets from RC3.

IF you use the css from RC3 but buttons from RC2 - > they will scramble
IF you use the css from RC2 (e.g. you made a copy for a custom template while RC2 was out) but buttons from RC3 -> they will scramble

In some cases the upgrade from RC2 to RC3 will initially look like that until the browser cache is refreshed. If you have done that already, then its one of the above.

So if you are using a custom template, you have to go in there and apply the changes that where made from RC2 to RC3 (link posted before: www.kunena.com/forum/170-k-16-templates-...know-the-diff-to-rc2 ) or you just use the RC3 css file for your new custom template and apply your customizations.

Going forward this is not going to happen again. The css is locked in and frozen for stable. Only in RC2 we had a couple bugs that needed to be cleaned up.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by fxstein.

More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by jodin
Yep. It was the css files.

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds