Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Internet Explorer 9

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by Shimei
Internet Explorer 9 was created by Shimei
I noticed today that in internet explorer 9, when attempting to edit profiles, the information doesn't display. That is, in Kunena 1.6.3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Internet Explorer 9
K 1.6 was not designed specifically to operate with IE9. When K 1.6. was first conceived, IE9 had not yet been publicly released as a stable product by Microsoft. In fact, from my quick research, IE9 has only been available now within the last few days and I think it's a bit early to make any judgement on how, when or if K 1.6 will be made adaptable to this new browser platform while (at the same time) meeting the project's objective to maintain compliance with both IE7 and IE8.

Given Microsoft's history of changing things (and not being able to make their browser backward-compatible with older versions of Internet Explorer) I think this is going to be a very difficult job to brink K 1.6 "up-to-speed" until we know more and have properly tested K 1.6 with this latest product from Microsoft.

The Kunena project will continue to make every possible effort to deliver interoperability on the major browsers used by people around the world. But, until IE9 becomes "mainstream" I don't think that IE9 yet qualifies as a "major" brand ... yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shimei

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Re: Internet Explorer 9
I don't agree with Sozzled. Ie9 is the best stable browser on the market right now. Kunena works great on ie9. We are releasing soon a extra plugin only for ie9. Called Kunena Pinning.

But the answer on your question. Kunena works perfect on Ie9 if you have updated Mootools to 1.2.5. See: www.kunena.org/forum/156-k-16-test-repor...ootools-to-125#70789

We are hoping that Joomla will add this on the next J1.5 release.
Regards 810

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #4 by Shimei
Replied by Shimei on topic Re: Internet Explorer 9
I have issues with running the mootools upgrade with various modules on the site that are priority. And I tried the mootools upgrade that you have provided with the same issues. Will the Kunena Pinning resolve this single issue in regards to edit options not displaying in Kunena with IE 9?
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Shimei.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by 810
no, pinning is an extra feature. You must update the modules. to mootools 1.2.

regards 810

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by Shimei
Thanks 810, I upgraded to mootools 1.2 then to the modified 1.2.5 provided in your link. The options however are not available in Internet Explorer 9 under edit functions of profiles. Just for Kunena's information.

Thanks,

Shim

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by 810
Can you give me a link. and can you add here the kunena report. Backend-kunena-report.

regards 810

More
13 years 1 month ago #8 by Shimei
Certainly 810,

www.religiousverse.com

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Joomla default template details : js_onyx | author: Casey Lee for Joomlashack | version: 1.3 | creationdate: November 2010

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.2)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

More
13 years 1 month ago #9 by 810

Shimei wrote: I noticed today that in internet explorer 9, when attempting to edit profiles, the information doesn't display. That is, in Kunena 1.6.3.

which information are you missing. its look good. everything is working on ie9.

More
13 years 1 month ago #10 by Shimei
In the profile of the member, the Post, thankyou, subscriptions, favorites, do not display information beneath, and when clicking the edit button under the profile options there displays nothing under Internet Explorer 9. In Google Chrome the information does display correctly though. I just double checked once more.

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds