Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Template Menu Code BUG] Problem with Joomla Core SEF and RC3

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #1 by roland76
Hello,

all links don't work on my site. I just upgraded from 1.5.12 to RC3.

see www.simple-quality.de/forum

edit by fxstein: Root cause is template menu module bug - in this case JoomlArt JA_Vauxite see here: www.kunena.com/forum/168-k-16-support/62...re-sef-and-rc3#62177

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 72M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC3 | Build: 3539 | Version name: Jadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Installed (Version : 1.5.9) | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.0)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by fxstein.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by roland76
Ok, found the problem...

This comes from my menuestructure...

I nested the menue by hand under my main menue... And this seems not working...

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by fxstein
My guess this could be a menu setup issue. The menu systems drives most of the SEF behaviour.

Do you have examples you can share?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by roland76
Mhh - I always have problems with the SEF...

If i click on a topic / thread the menue is away...

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by roland76
www.simple-quality.de/forum.html

and then click on a thread / post and the menue is away...

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by fxstein
Recreate the Kunena Menu. That way all manual changes get corrected.

More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by roland76
If i do that, then there is a menue point in my main menue called "Forum" (you can see it as first menue point).

And here is the URL if I click them: www.simple-quality.de/index.php?Itemid=63&option=

This cause a 404 :-(

More
13 years 7 months ago #8 by fxstein

roland76 wrote: If i do that, then there is a menue point in my main menue called "Forum" (you can see it as first menue point).

And here is the URL if I click them: www.simple-quality.de/index.php?Itemid=63&option=

This cause a 404 :-(

Ok - Roland and I did some digging to find the root cause of the incomplete URL.

Turns out this is a bug the the JoomlArt menu code for menu Aliases. Joomla 1.5 and its own mod_mainmenu support Menu Links aka Aliases where you can embed one menu inside another. Comes in very handy if you have multiple menu structures and we use that for Kunena. The JoomlArt code handles Aliases incorrectly and does not resolve the option=xxx portion of the menu link. The resulting URL is incomplete and will not work.
I am looking into the JoomlArt code to see how much surgery a fix would require. I am sure there are other menu modules or templates out there that have the same bug - or missing 'feature'.
A work around is to copy the entire sub ment into your main menu as described in this wiki article: docs.kunena.com/index.php/Customised_menus

This is more like a hack, but will get you going. What really needs to happen is that the template developers have to fix the buggy menu code. mod_mainmenu in Joomla 1.5 itself has all the logic that is required and should not be too difficult to replicate into custom menu code.

Hope this helps somebody out there!

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds