Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Last post First?

More
12 years 1 month ago #31 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Last post First?
G'day, cfut, and welcome to Kunena.

I believe this question has been answered many times. The selection between first-post-first and last-post-first is configurable on a user-by-user basis. That is, each user can make that choice - select their own preference - themselves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #32 by cfut
Replied by cfut on topic Re: Last post First?
I appreciate you answering me on this. I don't think your understanding my question. I know it's configurable on a user basis. But it would be better if you could simply set the "default" for new users to be the other direction.
Not a big deal, but it would make the forum much better.
Almost all of my users prefer the other direction, but very few will take the time to go into their profile to make the change.
Thanks

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #33 by sozzled
We do understand your question. Your question is "Can we configure Kunena so that the default order is last post first?" Your question has been asked many times and we have consistently given the same answer. Let me again give you the answer to your question:
The selection between first-post-first and last-post-first is configurable on a user-by-user basis. That is, each user can make that choice - select their own preference - themselves.
Just as it is a very simple matter for us to answer this very simple question from you, it is a very simple matter for you to advise your users of their ability to choose how they would like to view messages. Your users can choose to see topics ordered first-post-first or last-post-first. This is how Kunena has always worked (and Fireboard before that).

No-one is arguing whether first-post-first is not as good as last-post-first.

The only matters for discussion are:

(1) Should the default order be configurable; and
(2) Should each user be able to choose between one way or the other?

If people would like to see changes made to either of these two matters I have just mentioned they also have a choice:

(1) Vote for changes to Kunena by submitting their ideas via our feedback feature .
(2) Offer to sponsor the changes to Kunena by donating to the project.

The level of interest in changing Kunena in this particular area is evidently low. To date - over the last three years - no-one has suggested this idea on the feedback feature and no-one has offered to financially sponsor this idea. I think this fact speaks for itself ... and there's your answer.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #34 by cfut
Replied by cfut on topic Re: Last post First?
I have read your answer many times, but I guess I'm just not seeing where you mention anything about the default order:

"The selection between first-post-first and last-post-first is configurable on a user-by-user basis. That is, each user can make that choice - select their own preference - themselves."

Anyway thanks for the advise on the feedback form, I wasn't aware of it. I'll try and leave a post there, we'll see maybe I am alone in thinking this.

By the way I do think the forum software is excellent, I was just trying to leave some helpful feedback.

More
12 years 1 month ago #35 by oxiepagen
Replied by oxiepagen on topic Sort topic
Hello,
I wonder if you can ask if that is the last post at the top instead of it will last?
So the first post will be at the bottom and then would it make it into your posts over the oldest.

Regards
Andreas

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #36 by parslej
I know this was several times asked on this forum. Tried everything but still cannot make it working... :(
I know user can change order in his/her profile, but I wanted to have all post sorted by default that way so oldest is on 1st page...

Can you please advice what shall I really change to archive that ?

Thanks!

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #37 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

parslej: your question is answered in this topic.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #38 by parslej
Replied by parslej on topic Re: Last post First?
I hoped this is only one line change...
/What I was able to do was change default sort order for new users in database - using it as temp solution.../

Anyway - thanks I've add it as suggestion - Anyone interested PLEASE VOTE!
www.kunena.org/component/beeheard/?contr...ons&suggestion_id=79
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by parslej.

More
11 years 11 months ago #39 by Computer Candy
Replied by Computer Candy on topic Sort topic
I would like to do this as well. To have the newest post within a topic on top. Sorted newest (top) to oldest (bottom).

Anyone have and ideas?

Thank you! :)

More
11 years 11 months ago #40 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Last post First?
*** Topics merged ***

Answered in this topic

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds