Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged [Merged topic] How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #111 by sozzled
andrewn51: See your PM. Can you enable your forum so that non-registered users have access to it, please?
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #112 by sozzled
andrewn51's problem has been resolved. In his case we needed to create a new menu module using the Module Manager and assign it to the template position kunena_menu. After that, everything worked fine. Andrew also had a small Mootools issue involving the use of Rockettheme template (this was fixed by setting Build Titles Spans = Off in the RT template panel.
More
13 years 3 days ago #113 by pickykim
Replied by pickykim on topic My Toolbar is MIA
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : newgreen6 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-04-15

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 2.2.1) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

The default Kunena toolbar only shows up if it is on the forum entry page or one of the other pages that have tabs,i.e. index, recent topics, new topic, no replies, etc.

If you go into an actual forum topic, the toolbar disappears. Breadcrumbs don't work either. Help? Please?
More
13 years 3 days ago #114 by pickykim
Replied by pickykim on topic Re: Ho enable tabs?

aka343 wrote: How enable those tabs? seartch prifile index no replies............

forum:
bf3.lt/index.php/forumas

How did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same problem. Any help would be great. Thx! Kim
More
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #115 by sozzled
It's really easy. There are actually two possible causes of this problem:

(1) In Extensions » Module Manager, make sure that you have not disabled or changed the module position of the "Kunena Menu" module (see image below):

(2) It depends on your site template, but (using Menu Manager) look at the menu item that points to your Kunena component. You should have something like this:

It is important that the menu type = alias. The parameters of this "forum link" should be like this:

There's a bit more to this, too, and it's all covered in excrutiatingly fine detail in the Wiki article Customised menus , but those are the two key ingredients that you need to have in place. If you don't have these things set up the way I've described then you have either changed something or your site template does not offer a place where the Kunena installer program could place a menu item for Kunena.

The solution is to either try the "trash-burn-build" approach (mentioned a dozen or more times on this site) to rebuild the standard Kunena menu "buttons" or, using your own skills in constructing Joomla websites, build the menu items again, from scratch. What seems rather apparent (from the number of messages posted on this forum) is that Joomla menu item construction seems to be a highly skilled art and may be difficult to teach in a self-help forum like this.

The "trash-burn-build" approach is simple:

(1) Find all menu items that relate to your forum.
(2) Trash all menu items that relate to your forum.
(3) Delete the menu kunena-menu from your site
(4) Empty the menu trash
(5) Use the Kunena control panel option Create Menu

... and that should be all that you have to do. Looking back over the number of times I've answered this question and the amount of time I've spent grabbing and editing screen shots (and the number of screen shots that I've posted here) I hope that, in future, people will read this topic and use the information we've written here. I most sincerely hope that what I've posted on this occasion helps.

Ultimately, if all of this is too difficult for people to do for themselves, there are many people who can perform this kind of service for a small fee, or course. :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 days ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lochman, Patrick Test
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #116 by yashzn
SOLUTION.

Hey everyone, I've been going through the same problem (Kunena menu disappears when you click a category or other link)

Forget mootools and all that junk. This is the solution. We are going to create our own menu, and scrap the buggy kunena menu.

1. Edit your templates index.php & add a module BEFORE the component. (Search for adding module positions in Joomla on Google) This involves adding code like
Code:
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="newMenu" style="xhtml" />
as well as specifying
Code:
<position>newMenu</position>
in the template's xml file. Double check this if you're using Joomla 1.5.

2. Add a Custom HTML module, and position it to the new position you created above. Add this to the HTML code
Code:
<div class="forumblock"><a href="index.php/forum/index">Index</a></div> <div class="forumblock"><a href="index.php/forum/?option=com_kunena&amp;view=latest">Recent Topics</a></div> <div class="forumblock"><a href="index.php?option=com_kunena&amp;view=post&amp;do=new">New Topic</a></div> <div class="forumblock"><a href="index.php?option=com_kunena&amp;view=latest&amp;do=noreplies">No Replies</a></div> <div class="forumblock"><a href="index.php/forum/mylatest">My Topics</a></div> <div class="forumblock"><a href="index.php?option=com_kunena&amp;view=profile">Profile</a></div> <div class="forumblock"><a href="index.php/forum/rules">Rules</a></div> <div class="forumblock"><a href="index.php/forum/help">Help</a></div> <div class="forumblock"><a href="index.php/forum/search">Search</a></div>

3. Then under Menu Assignment, make sure the menu is only viewed on the Forum page. If this doesn't work, uncheck ALL and try again.

4. Now still in your backend, go to Menus -> Kunena Menu. Check all menu items except the top one, Forum, and click the green tick to uncheck them all. You should now only have your top forum link, published.

5. Style it up with some css, I used
Code:
.forumblock { padding:6px; background-color:#d0c27e; color:#625935; display:inline-block; } .forumblock a, .forumblock a:visited { text-decoration:none; color:#625935; } .forumblock:hover { color:#FFF; background-color:#ad9e5e; }

6. DONE!

I registered just to leave this comment for others experiencing the same problem with Joomla 1.6 & Kunena menus. I know how it sucks & nobody solved this to help. Hope this saves you much headaches. Good luck!
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by yashzn.
More
12 years 11 months ago #117 by sozzled
G'day, yashzn, welcome to Kunena and thank you for posting your message that may help people trying to figure out how to fix their menu problems.

You are quite right. The menu has nothing to do with Mootools. It's a Joomla issue and I think your message may help a few people clear up their misunderstanding that the "missing" Kunena menu is, in fact, not really a problem with Kunena but with their understanding of how Joomla menus work.

Yes, it's possible to create a custom HTML module to fix these things. It's also possible to achieve a working result if people (a) use the Create Menu function in the Kunena control panel or (b) read Customised Menus in the Wiki.

Every little bit helps. B)
More
12 years 11 months ago #118 by mstephan
Replied by mstephan on topic Kunena Menu Disappeared?
I upgraded from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 andddd my menu disappeared on my forum. The odd thing is that the links are still there they're just not viewable. (if you click where the the links USED to be, they are still there just invisible)

www.scumhunt.com

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Andy Miller | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #119 by mstephan
If you highlight where they used to be it seems that the background for the tabs is just gone...
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by mstephan.
More
12 years 11 months ago #120 by Mihanja
Open the template forum and
write a background color,
text.

Recommended hosting vps: VPS with a panel ispmanager lite (Promo Code:648215714)
Time to create page: 0.723 seconds