Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K1.6b error in IE8: curvyObject warning

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by Baze
Today suddenly i got this error in IE8:

"curvyObject warning:
zero-width box with no accountable parent
tag:a
class: curvyIgnore
Parent tag: LI
Parent class: item200147"

i get this error for each button in the menu, so i'm sure the problem is with the rounded corners of the buttons. Something i've noticed is that here on Kunena, the menu in IE8 is without rounded corners, and on my site in IE i see the round corners but i alsoo see the error :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thanks for the report. I think the "curvyObject warning" issue is something peculiar to your website because I could not reproduce the symptoms here at Kunena.com. Does Firefox (or another browser) report any issues?

Regarding the curved corners, this seems to be an issue in how IE8 implements the CSS 3 recommendations of the W3C. If users want to see rounded corners, they might have to use a different browser. It's just "one of those things", I think. See comparison of differences in the image below:
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by Baze
I know and that's the strange thing..

this is my site opened with ff

this is viewed with ie, and as you can see, the corners of the buttons ARE rounded, unlike this forum :S

but on forum loading i get this:

Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks again for your reply. Unfortunately IE8's error message doesn't help us pin-point what it is (on your website) that's the cause. It may be that the error message comes from K 1.6 or it may be generated by something else. The only way to be sure is to try this out on a plain, simple website without any other potential "conflicting" things that you've installed on your site. :dry:

Not much help, I know, but we need to establish how this error is related to K 1.6. Has anyone else reported the same symptoms? I can only say that I haven't encountered these symptoms here at Kunena.com or on my own test sites using IE8.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by Baze
Thanks for your reply sozzled, while loading the site again and again, i've noticed error on page which says:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; AskTB5.5)
Timestamp: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 23:54:40 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 2440
Code: 0
URI: mysite/plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Hmmm ... interesting! :unsure:

Off-topic: Have you still got Legacy mode enabled on your website or did you attend to that other matter?

I get the same "Object doesn't support this property or method in mootools.js" when I look at my test website in IE8, too.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #7 by @quila
Hi Baze,

rounded corner should not show in IE8 (CSS3) as you know, seems that you have personalized to much kunena template :laugh:

Find that tag in your css

#Kunena #ktab li, #Kunena #ktab div.moduletable ul.menu li {
border:0 none;
display:inline;
float:left;
margin:2px 2px 0 0 !important;
padding:0;
}

cahnge "display: inline;" to "display: block;" and error should gone.

Let me know
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by @quila.

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by Baze
@ Sozzled:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled | htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-BETA1 | Build: 3068 | Version name: | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

@ @quila:
changed that, the error is still there. The last thing i changed in the css was yesterday, i've changed the font-size tag in
Code:
#Kunena #ktab a span {
because the words in Macedonian were longer and in IE the words were breaking apart (e.g. from Read topic, users were seeing only Read).

After changing the css i checked the site it worked normally, just in case i have returned the default value 15mins ago, but the error is still there :S

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by @quila
well, now I dont see your first error reported here browsing your site with IE8. Anyway error is related to some css atribute that is "inline" and should be "block."

For second error regarding mootools.js I woulde say to disable "СПОНЗОРИ" module and look if error is gone.

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by Baze
@quila you don't see the error at all? i'm talking about the annoying pop-up, because i still see it... i hope it's only my pc :)

about the mootools.js error, the спонзори is mod_banners, i've tried disabling all other modules one by one the error is still there.

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds