Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged [Merged topic] Where is the preview button?

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1 by Randal
Small suggestions to Kunena 1.6 about usability.

1. Topic icons should be clickable, like those in avatar gallery are. We should choosing them by clicking on image/icon not only on radio button.

2. Why remove PREVIEW button beside Submit Cancel button?? I know that is now in editor toolbar but this is most using option for many so should be close Submit button to check before sending it to world.
I prefer that should be the same: "Display a live message preview pane below the edit area" and maybe after click can be a little bit enlarge like it was in K1.5? Or even auto height to message if it possible?

3. Last thing is missing class in ux of admin panel. Some part of styling is inline in code so I cannot override that part by css. Please see on screens.

Code inline:

Give incomplete final result styling:

Those icons with defined overriding css classes looks like this:

Thank you Kunena Team for greatest joomla forum ever done! Soon I add to you Polish translation K1.6.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Merged from several discussion; changed subject to improve search relevance; moved to different category

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
1) Good idea

2) Also a good idea. I have to agree that the top/bottom and side-by-side preview buttons are not intuitively located on the message editing screen and they might be better located nearer to the Cancel/Submit buttons.

3) I don't understand this because I don't understand the term "ux of admin panel". Perhaps someone else can explain this better?

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by Randal
ux - in for me means: user interface. This small issue I mentioned is with hard coded style of quick icons in kunena backend. In html/php should be only css class/id and style should be moved to css file like in other places backend.

ex.
<div id="kadmin">
<div class="kadmin-left">
<div id="kadmin-menu">

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by Matias
3) I've moved css into it's own file. Check beta1

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by Groenteman
I can't seem to find the preview button.

Not even in this board. Where is it?

Groenteman

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by @quila
Try this two buttons

Regards
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thawornj, Groenteman

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by Groenteman
Thank you Quila for your reply.

They work :)but would a preview button not be more simple?

Groenteman

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by @quila
We have other request for this, will se for some of next release ;)

Regards

More
13 years 9 months ago #9 by sozzled
I thought it would help matters if I moved an internal discussion topic into the public view and merged the latest messages with it.

Although the original topic concerns a few other issues, it's always good to get feedback from users about how the K 1.6 design is being received in real-life use. Thanks. :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by Randal
Matias, unfortunately I have still the same problem in latest beta. See red hard coded part.

<h3>Welcome to Kunena!</h3>
<p>Thank you for choosing Kunena as your forum solution. This screen will give you a quick overview of your forum statistics. The links on the left-hand side of this screen allow you to control every aspect of your forum setup. Each page has instructions on how to use the tools.</p>
</div>
<div style="border:1px solid #ddd; background:#FBFBFB;">
<table class = "thisform">
<tr class = "thisform">
<td width = "100%" valign = "top" class = "thisform">
<div id = "cpanel">

Time to create page: 0.680 seconds