Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #401 by sozzled

jaredjohnson3 wrote: Can I use Captcha when people go to create an account for my forum?

Depending on the version of Joomla that you use, you can use ReCAPTCHA with Joomla's account registration procedure. Instructions for use are given in How do you use Recaptcha in Joomla?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #402 by sozzled
Perhaps the best way to protect your forum from spam is to charge people a subscription fee to join your site and, when only after they have paid that fee, then allow them to use your site?

I wonder if there's money to be made from that? Perhaps I should create a website called www.spam-posters-forum.com , charge people $1 to join the site plus $7 per to post as much spam as they like on the forum for one week, and let them do what they like? :lol: :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shimei

More
10 years 1 week ago #403 by bill77se
Hi guys,

How I can stop the forum to don't generate the authentication email link?

More
10 years 1 week ago #404 by sozzled

bill77se wrote: How I can stop the forum to don't generate the authentication email link?

Please read the topic User registration and/or general login issues .

More
9 years 8 months ago #405 by sammy66
Hi -

is there a plugin/addon or setting in kunena that can stop users from posting spam link try a period of time.

for instance... only allow users to be able to post hyperlinks if they X days old or they have more than X posts???

More
9 years 8 months ago #406 by Shimei

sammy66 wrote: Hi -

is there a plugin/addon or setting in kunena that can stop users from posting spam link try a period of time.

for instance... only allow users to be able to post hyperlinks if they X days old or they have more than X posts???

If you find one please share your findings. I brought this up also in the past and think it would be a great idea. I searched but to no avail.

More
9 years 7 months ago #407 by originalhandy
I have tried all kinds, I found Captcha and reCaptcha to be pretty worthless. I stumbled upon nuCaptcha about 2 years ago and havent had any bot registrations since. I was getting close to 100 a day and it stopped as soon as I started using nuCaptcha www.nucaptcha.com/ Works seemlessly with Joomla & Kunena.

More
9 years 7 months ago #408 by DebraR
Is there a charge for nucaptcha? I have a (non-profit)health related site. I've been having several spam bots hit my website and am tired of deleting them everyday. Have tried other domain-restricter plug-ins that do not work. Mostly spammers from sina (dot)com registering, other captcha stops them from posting.

More
9 years 4 months ago #409 by APrestoRoma
Good news. It's 2014 and there is no need for CAPTCHA technology for new user registrations. All I needed to prevent 99.9% of spam bots is a hidden form field. In all my life, I've actually seen one or two bots that have not ticked in the field that says "Select this field if you are a bot". =)

More
9 years 4 months ago #410 by originalhandy

DebraR wrote: Is there a charge for nucaptcha? I have a (non-profit)health related site. I've been having several spam bots hit my website and am tired of deleting them everyday. Have tried other domain-restricter plug-ins that do not work. Mostly spammers from sina (dot)com registering, other captcha stops them from posting.

When I got nuCaptcha there was no charge, my friend said she got an email about pricing so I may have been grandfathered in as I added a website (hers actually) and didnt have to pay anything. Try register and see.

I also discovered Project Honeypot ( projecthoneypot.org ) and with a Joomla plugin it stops users before they even get to register too.

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds