Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to move, copy or merge my old Kunena forums from one site to another

More
10 years 1 month ago #131 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, sskarli, and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry that no-one else has replied to your question for a couple of days, so I have merged it into a bigger, general topic that should answer your questions.

The short answer to your main question ("Can it be done?") is yes. This is the kind of job I would love, if someone was paying me for my time to do it for them, because I could make a small fortune from doing this kind of work. But if this was my own website running J! 1.5.26 and K 1.6.1 I would probably forget about it and work on something that's a bit more "fun".

However, you asked for hints and that's what I will do for you. The general outline of the process is discussed in msg #4 of this merged topic.

This topic goes into many different case scenarios but I think, if you spend an hour or so looking at it, you will get the general idea. Please be aware that this topic started over two years ago. Some of the links may not work (or may point to non-existent pages). I hope this information will assist you ... and good luck (because you're going to need it) ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #132 by petko8680
Hi guys,
and how should I do it, if I want to keep all my kunena forum information and put it on my new website, after deleting completely the old one. I am not transfering from one live website to another. I want to delete the whole existing joomla 1.5 website and re-do it again, but this time in joomla 3.x

More
9 years 8 months ago #133 by karaokeamerica

petko8680 wrote: Hi guys,
and how should I do it, if I want to keep all my kunena forum information and put it on my new website, after deleting completely the old one. I am not transfering from one live website to another. I want to delete the whole existing joomla 1.5 website and re-do it again, but this time in Joomla 3.x

This is how I did it going from J1.5 to J2.5. I would imagine it would work the same way going to J3.X as long as Kunena hasn't changed significantly.

www.joomlajunkies.net/index.php/features...la-1-5-to-joomla-2-5

The thing I wonder though is whether the current version of Kunena even works in both J1.5 and J3. If not, there may be other steps involved that I didn't have to discover. In the J2.5 days Kunena still supported Joomla 1.5 so it was simply a matter of manipulating a little data in a text editor than re-importing the tables of the SAME version of Kunena. If the tables have changed than that method will no longer work.

FTR, I posted this link earlier in this thread, but don't mind repeating it because I am going to be going from v2.5 to J3 and any input from more knowledgeable folks on any pitfalls will be appreciated!

More
9 years 8 months ago #134 by sozzled
To "move" from J! 1.5 to J! 3.x - similar thing applies to going from J! 2.5 to J! 3.x - you need to have a staging site. In other words, you need to create a J! 3.x site first, then move your J! 1.5 content to the J! 3.x site, and then replace your existing J! 1.5 site with your new J! 3.x site.

In summary, to replace you J! 1.5 site, you have to migrate it to J! 3.x and replace the old site with the new, migrated site.

More
9 years 8 months ago #135 by karaokeamerica

sozzled wrote: To "move" from J! 1.5 to J! 3.x - similar thing applies to going from J! 2.5 to J! 3.x - you need to have a staging site. In other words, you need to create a J! 3.x site first, then move your J! 1.5 content to the J! 3.x site, and then replace your existing J! 1.5 site with your new J! 3.x site.

In summary, to replace you J! 1.5 site, you have to migrate it to J! 3.x and replace the old site with the new, migrated site.

Sozzled, so the table structure hasn't changed? In other words for migrating KUNENA from J2.5 to J3, the tables structure doesn't change? I will be able to simply edit my table prefix and re-import the tables to my DB?

All of this is of course assuming I have maintained user ID's on the new site, which I have done.

Are there specific physical folders on the old site that must be migrated to the new site for things like avatars, post images etc?

More
9 years 8 months ago #136 by sozzled

karaokeamerica wrote: Sozzled, so the table structure hasn't changed? In other words for migrating KUNENA from J2.5 to J3, the tables structure doesn't change? I will be able to simply edit my table prefix and re-import the tables to my DB?

All of this is of course assuming I have maintained user ID's on the new site, which I have done.

That's pretty much the gist of it, yes.

karaokeamerica wrote: Are there specific physical folders on the old site that must be migrated to the new site for things like avatars, post images etc?

None, in addition to what we've discussed before, that I'm aware of, no. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: karaokeamerica

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #137 by Fjody
Hi,

just want to be sure: Is it possible to upgrade from Kunena 1.5.13 (Joomla 1.5.26) to Kunena 3.0.4?

I'm converting my old website into a new one and have converted almost everything so far besides the Kunena forum. According to this Upgrade Guide I should be able to do that (The upgrade process can be done with any Kunena versions (K 1.0, K 1.5, K 1.6, K 2.0 or K 3.0) or any FireBoard versions (1.0.4+).) But when I try to install new version of (Kunena 3.0.4) on my old site (Joomla 1.5.26 + Kunena 1.5.13) I get message that the .xml installation file could not be found.

Here is the Kunena migration instruction I've tried to follow.

Thanks for you reply and for any advices how to transfer the posts from the old forum to a new one.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Fjody.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #138 by sozzled

Fjody wrote: According to this Upgrade Guide I should be able to do that (The upgrade process can be done with any Kunena versions (K 1.0, K 1.5, K 1.6, K 2.0 or K 3.0) or any FireBoard versions (1.0.4+).)

Correct. You can upgrade from any old version of Kunena to K 3.0.6 using the upgrade procedure you refer to.

Fjody wrote: But when I try to install new version of (Kunena 3.0.4) on my old site (Joomla 1.5.26 + Kunena 1.5.13) I get message that the .xml installation file could not be found.

You cannot install K 3.0.x on J! 1.5.x.

Fjody wrote: Here is the Kunena migration instruction I've tried to follow.

This procedure is basically correct. In effect, this method says that you need to have two sites:
  1. Your original J! 1.5 site (that has K 1.5.13) installed; and
  2. A new, "target" site running J! 2.5 or J! 3.x which is where you will put your migrated old (J! 1.5) site data and where you will copy the Kunena database tables (and a few other files, like forum attachments). The link that you posted outlines that procedure. Some other information that may help you is in msg #76 of this topic.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 2 months ago #139 by Fjody
After couple of hours and solving many issues I have finally exported and imported the needed tables (at least I think so). But when I try to create new Kunena link in the Top Menu (Joomla 3.3.6 + Kunena 3.0.4):
- Top menu
- New item
- Kunena forum
- Category List

I get this error report:

Notice: Undefined index: params in D:\Programs\xampp\htdocs\WEBSITE\libraries\kunena\config.php on line 291

Notice: Undefined property: KunenaForumCategory::$parent_id in D:\Programs\xampp\htdocs\WEBSITE\libraries\kunena\forum\category\helper.php on line609

Notice: Undefined property: KunenaForumCategory::$parent_id in D:\Programs\xampp\htdocs\WEBSITE\libraries\kunena\forum\category\helper.php on line609

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in D:\Programs\xampp\htdocs\WEBSITE\libraries\kunena\forum\category\helper.php on line 616

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Programs\xampp\htdocs\WEBSITE\libraries\kunena\forum\category\helper.php on line 616

Any ideas what what to change now? Thanks.

More
9 years 2 months ago #140 by 810
check error on:
administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=tools&layout=diagnostics

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds