Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Feeling lucky on the moderate post confirmation dialog

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by rolandd
Hey guys,

Something very interesting I ran into today. Not sure if it is a bug or just supposed to be like that but this is the situation.

On my forum I moderate the first posts people make. Now this catches all the spam mails, which is nice :) However when I want to delete these messages, I select them and click on the delete button. This gives me the dialog asking: Are you sure you want to delete this message? NOTE: There is no way to retrieve deleted messages. Then I get two buttons OK and Cancel. Previously I was using Firefox and I clicked OK and the messages were deleted. Now I use Google Chrome and clicking OK does nothing, however clicking Cancel deletes the messages :huh:

I found this very interesting to say the least :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Actually, when I click the button (and get the warning message you referred to) I get two options Submit and Cancel (not OK and Cancel and you wrote). The Submit option runs a Javascript function.

Therefore, if you are not running the Javascript function it's because Javascript has somehow been disabled. From the sound of things, you might need to enable Javascript support in Google Chrome - I assume that there is the ability to do that.

I find it intriguing, to say the least, that you should be able to click Cancel and the message you are reviewing is deleted! :huh:

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by rolandd
Hey sozzled,

Just some background info. Running Joomla 1.5.15 with Kunena 1.5.9, default_ex template and JavaScript enabled on Google Chrome.

The page with post awaiting moderation doesn't have this button. The Approve and Delete button are sort of unstyled. Javascript is running otherwise I would never get the popup box asking if I am sure to delete.

While we are on the topic of post moderation. One more thing I noticed is, after I am done with all the messages approving/deleting and I log out. I get a page saying I have no access and my IP is reported to the site owner (at least words of that nature) and this page is completely unstyled. Like there is no template being used, also my Joomla template is not shown. As for that reporting to the site owner, I have never seen any ;)

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks for clarifying the issue.

Yeah, you have a lot of issues. Unfortunately I don't have lot of experience with the moderator review posts function (I don't use it at my forums and it's not used here at www.kunena.com ). It's one of those "things" that have hung around from Fireboard days that no-one has really invested much time into fixing. I'm told (but I haven't looked into this, personally) that K 1.6 will improve in this area.

As far as K 1.5 is concerned, I spent a half a day researching this on another matter: see Moderated forum with notification to moderator/confirmation. . I have to say that this whole area is rather clumsy. I don't know what other advice to give you at this time about why Google Chrome doesn't work the same as Firefox but, perhaps, that's just the way it is? I don't use Google Chrome, personally, so I have no idea.

Maybe someone else can help you. :S
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by rolandd
Well, it isn't really a "problem" for me nor did I expect an immediate fix rather I wanted to let the Kunena team know about it. All that I need works, just need to know which button to click ;)

I have to say that this whole area is rather clumsy.

Agree but I can wait till version 1.6. If I really need something, I can code it/hack it if needed. That is what I did with the first post moderation. Users only need to have 1 post approved after that they can post as they like. Just wanted to let it be known. Now if someone searches, they know that the Cancel button is the good button :D

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds