Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K 1.5.11: 'change username' javascript popup issue

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #1 by sohost
Hello.

I am new to Kunena and so far it seems great. I have it all setup and working niocely with default_ex template (some slight css color changes..)

Ok, here is my one issue that i found which is bugging me.

I have set the option to 'allow username change' in the admin.

When i go to a user i created and edit the username, but i use a username that is already used, i see a popup message telling me : "This username/password already in use. Please try another."

That is good, since it must do that.

However, the page behind the popup is all white and looks horrible.

It is like it is not loading the site before the popup or something.

I have attached an image of what i mean. I removed some things from the image, like my URL and the username, but you can see what i mean by the image.

I tried to find the code to see where this happens, maybe i could fix it myself, but nothing.

I think it should popup the error, but the site behind should still 'look' normal.

I want to allow my users to change their username if they want, but this makes the site look ugly (in case they choose an already registered username.)

I hope someone can help me with this.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sohost
Oh, and I am using 1.5.9 of Kunena with the default template.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #3 by sohost
I also tested with SEO URL's off and also with the default joomla template, just to make sure but it does the same thing with SEO URL's off and the default joomla template (rhuk_milkyway).

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
I've never encountered your problem - I'm not saying your problem doesn't happen - because I've never touched the Kunena Configuration » My Profile Plugin Settings » Allow username change . I don't know how this setting behaves. In my websites, I don't allow my users to change their usernames ... therefore I never encounter the problems you're having.

I realise that's not an answer ... I'm just letting you know how I operate and how I suspect the majority of Kunena users also operate, too.

sohost wrote:

Oh, and I am using 1.5.9 of Kunena with the default template.

I presume you meant default_ex template, like you wrote in your first message. There is/was, once-upon-a-time, a default template that operates quite differently. In fact, in K 1.6 there will be a new default template (just to confuse the issue again) and there won't be a default_ex template :blink:

However, the fact that you have "lost" your CSS when you attempt to use the "change username feature" could mean anything. It's probable that the CSS hasn't loaded when the Javascript popup runs and, from a superficial view, this could be a genuine defect with Kunena. We may need to investigate this further.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #5 by sohost
Yes, default_ex is the template I am using, as mentioned in my original post.

As far as the configuration of Kunena is concerned, I have not changed anything under the 'frontend' settings. I basically just changed some settings like 'allow username change' and 'hide email address', etc... Mainly stuff specific to the user permissions / rights and not related to the look / feel of Kunena.

If someone else could try to replicate this, it may well be a defect, but i can't say on my own. I tried what i could, but it persists.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6 by nikkie
This happens on my site as well.

Installed version: Kunena 1.5.9 | 2010-01-23 | 1869 [ Susurrate ]

>> Using default_ex template.

Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Mamni ] 05-November-2009 04:00 GMT

>> SEF Option 1 is on, 2 and 3 are off.

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 FirePHP/0.4

Additionally, prior references in posts to the original username are left unchanged when username is successfully changed.

Additionally, current user session is not updated in Joomla when username is successfully changed so other extensions such as mod_klogin, etc. do not reflect new username until logging out and then logging back in.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #7 by xillibit
Hello, do you have a link to your site with a test account to check ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #8 by sohost
Thanks xillibit, I sent you a message with details.

I can also confirm what nikkie said about the prior references to the old username in posts made under the old username and also about the session issue. If the user changes their username, it should either log them out and force them to login again or update their session information.

I hope this helps you to make Kunena even better.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #9 by nikkie
It's currently on my WAMP and not on the Internet yet.

It appears to be related to a couple of things. The process that calls the alert box must also be calling a redirect. It could be a timing issue on this redirect as initially, when the alert is fired, the page reloads and uses the wrong baseURL, or something, which then prevents the necessary CSS, etc. from loading correctly. The page is then shown without any template formatting, although the alert box is displayed over the top. As you as you release the alert box the page reloads and finds the CSS.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #10 by sozzled
I will test this issue with a clean K 1.5.11 test site soon. In the meantime you have two choices: continue to use K 1.5.9 and figure the solution out for yourself or upgrade to K 1.5.11 to see if this changes the behaviour. If you upgrade to K 1.5.11 we will continue to work with you to resolve this problem as best as we are able. :)

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds