Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Can I Migrate from ccBoard?

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by NeilShapiro
Hi --

I opened a site ( www.joyofipad.com ) a few days ago using Joomla and ccBoard as the Forum on the recommendation of a friend. Welllll, I should have checked closer. The ccBoard support forum is as dead as a cold doornail with none of the questions being answered or support being given there. We are having some minor issues but I would like to abandon this sinking ship before the rats beat me to shore.

How hard would it be to transfer our existing ccBoard Forum into a Kunena packaging? I am not a programmer but my partner is very familiar with SQL. Has anyone done this or have any ideas for us? Thanks!

-- Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by ssubhramani
I'll be the happiest person if I can get this done too.
Wanna get out of ccBoard. I really dont mind paying up if anyone is willing to do this for me.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled
NeilShapiro wrote:

I opened a site ... a few days ago using Joomla and ccBoard ...

My opinion: you've gained from the experience! B)

I don't know how to convert/migrate from ccBoard to Kunena but if I were in your shoes I'd shrug it off and say "I lost a few days" and start again. Don't sweat the small stuff. ;)

Yes, if someone knows how to convert ccBoard to Kunena that would be great to know. :cheer:

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by Fjody
As far as I know, you should

1. Install Agora
2. Convert from CCBoard to Agora
3. Convert Agora to Kunena ( here )

Fjody

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by pi_mento

Fjody wrote: 3. Convert Agora to Kunena ( here )

Has anybody ever got this to work?....

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by Smuggl
I could not get the converter ccBoard -> Agora working, since the Agora converting tool was very buggy. It seems that they have fixed it in the recently released patch, but since this has switched commercial, I cannot test it.

I would really appreciate, if there would be a ccBoard -> Kunena converter, which converts directly.

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by N6REJ
I don't see any way to do this, even with the last agora free, because agora will not convert tables so that code has to be removed, and then even after that the agora->kunena converter fails with missing table entries *sigh*

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by polleke
Is this topic still alive ?
I too want to convert aa ccboard forum to kunena.

So if someone wants to help me, he /she is welcome

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by NeilShapiro
Topic is very old and no one ever answered other than to say it could not be done. So, instead I went with the Agora Forums which DO have a migration utility for this. Worked great. On the other hand, now Agora wants money for full software.

More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by sozzled
This topic is in the archive. The reason that it is in the archive is because the original questions were answered. The category description on all the archived categories in this forum state:

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

The focus of attention for the Kunena project is away from K 1.5. K 1.5 is already at end-of-life and the community's interests are now firmly set on the future of Kunena which is K 1.6 and beyond.

K 1.5 exists as a temporary transitional platform, for those users who do not have the time, energy, skill or interest in upgrading to K 1.6. K 1.5 may also provide a transitional way to migrate from other forums to Kunena, in preparation for the final move to K 1.6. K 1.5 is still supported but it is less-actively supported than K 1.6. In the near future (still some months away) the "life-support" for K 1.5 will be turned off.

I hope this possibly explains why there has been inaction in responding to your question.

I, personally, do not have the answers. I hope that other members of the community may be able to offer their own experience and assistance to you. I wish I could be more helpful to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: romuba

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds