Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Cannot insert emoticons into post

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by kssocial
This is on a new site using Jooomla 1.5.17, php 5.2.11 and Kunena 1.5.11. Kunena is a totally stock installation, no customizations. Kunena is working fine and today I made a post and tried to insert an emoticon into the post. The emoticons show up just fine just like here but when I click on one to insert it absolutely nothing happens. It does not get inserted, there is no error message, just nothing.

I went to Kunena admin to make sure they weren't disabled but where it says "Emoticons disabled" it is set to "no" which would mean they're enabled. I checked the folder where they are stored and it is set to 755.

I have no clue where to go from here. Some help would be appreciated.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, kssocial, and welcome to Kunena.

I think that the cause of your problem is that you have a conflicting Joomla extension installed on your website that is clobbering the Kunena Javascript library (I wrote something on this "Javascript conflict" issue yesterday - see gTranslate and Kunena ).

The trick is to discover which other extension is conflicting! :ohmy:

However, in your case, I have a feeling that there's a distinctly more likely possibility that your installation of Kunena was not 100% successful. We've had similar reports from people whose Kunena message editor has mafunctions when one or two files weren't properly installed (or the ones that were installed were corrupted). Often it's just a case of reinstalling Kunena again, and the problem disappears. You don't need to uninstall Kunena to reinstall it, by the way. If this doesn't fix your problem I would definitely focus my attention on the "conflicting module" syndrome.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by kssocial
Ok, I re-installed Kunena but no change. I had a testbed but that machine crashed and I haven't been able to get either WAMP or XAMPP to run on my Win7 Pro 64bit machine.

The really leaves working on the live server which I don't want to do. The site just opened yesterday and we are already up to 107 users and I don't want to mess with that.

I guess I'll start working on getting either WAMP or XAMPP working. If anyone has either one of those working on a WIN7 64 bit machine I'd like to hear how it was done but I think this request belongs in a new thread so I'll do that now.

Mike

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Yep: XAMPP or WAMP don't like to work on 64-bit Windows systems (actually, I had a feeling that it has something to do with the MySQL part of it, not the web server bits). For that reason I abandoned my web development on Windows 7 (64-bit) but I occasionally do some experimentation in Windows 7 (32-bit). The bigger problem that I have (and still not fully resolved) liew with the new Windows 7 firewall which makes it virtually impossible (the response times are far too long) trying to access web pages across a Windows 7 LAN.

Simple solution: create a test site on your internet webhost and perform your experimentation there. It might take you a bit longer, copying files over the 'net via FTP, but at least you have the confidence of knowing that whatever you prove in that test environment will probably port its way across to your production site.

Getting back to the problem: do emoticons work on your live site?

More
13 years 11 months ago #5 by kssocial
I have lots of machines, I'll just switch one of them over to win7 32 bit.

As for the Kunena issue. It turned out to be JFinalizer. I removed it and did a LOT of cleanup of unused or unneeded plugins, a couple of components and a module or two and noticed no difference in load speed, in fact, it may be loading faster. So, all worked out just fine.

Mike

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds