Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Important K 1.5 latest posts module - no longer supported or maintained. Do NOT use this with K 1.6!

More
15 years 1 month ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by jerry
*** Moderator's comment ***

This software discussed in this topic is no longer available for distribution or download.

I am publishing new latest posts module. Try it and send me any comments. I am open to any suggestions, do not hesitate to ask. Thanks, Jerry

Kunena latest module

Highly inspired by Rowan Seymour JBLatest, modified versions by fuQaHa, JoniJM, MetZ. Supports nearly all functionality of all these versions.

Rewritten nearly at all places; to support more features in new Joomla 1.5 and Kunena 1.0.8.

Requirements: Joomla 1.5, Kunena 1.0.8+ or Kunena 1.5.1a+

Highlights:

* Joomla 1.5 design, templates, language file
* Joomla module class suffix and caching
* Supports 1 or 2 column layout; list or table style, multicolumn table style
* Supports multiple instances on page
* Item, tooltip, date/time format (with avatar, text message, number of replies support, thread hits, online status)
* New post indicator support
* Links to profiles (Kunena, JomSocial, Community Builder, Clexus PM)
* Links to avatars (Kunena, JomSocial, Community Builder, Clexus PM)
* Include forums with specific access levels
* Include posts from specific categories, including the active category
* Show all, only first or only last posts from each thread
* Correct link to posts (changed in Fireboard 1.0.5, so all older modules should be updated)
* SEF urls
* Languages: en, fr (by nktine, lavsteph), tr (by ugur), de (by Lintzy), cz (by Fenris), sr (by kmilos)
* Simple upgrade, just install over, it just works

Link to Kunena latest module on extensions.joomla.org
If you like this module, rate it & write review on extension.joomla.org.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to reflect better the issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #2 by jerry
Replied by jerry on topic Re:Kunena latest posts module
version 1.0.17 - port to kunena, support for jomsocial
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by jerry.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by Philip Roy
OK, now I'm confused...do we have two competing modules that do the same thing?

www.kunena.com/index.php?option=com_kune...c=view&catid=6&id=94

Phil

More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by grumblemarc
Jerry has been working on this one for a while when it was coded for FB.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by Philip Roy
So that's a "yes"? Trying to clarify if these are two modules that do the same thing? They appear to be.

Phil

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by grumblemarc
On the surface that is probably true. While I cannot speak to the other module I did follow Jerry's progress on the BoJ forums.

Besides these are both user provided. You can try out the one that works best for your situation. I would always prefer having too many to chose from than not enough.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #7 by jerry
Replied by jerry on topic Re:Kunena latest posts module
I will try to clarify situation from my perspective.

I was not informed about fork of Fireboard - Kunena.
One day, to be precise 28. january I was asked by Andreaz (bestofjoomla nickname) to port my module on Kunena as someone ported it, but it isn't working very well (at least for him).

So I downloaded Kunena, applied our patches on it and start porting my module. Quick look at port by taugris and I saw, it was ported my mod_fblatest. Well, I saw, that this port isn't based on my latest mod_fblatest, I ported my latest mod_fblatest and implemented JomSocial integration.

I don't know why taugris ported my module without any word about/to former author - to me.

I tried to help fxstein with fireboard, giving him patches. I am therefore going to help Kunena community. I think this module is really superior to comparable modules as design is very well integrated with Kunena. Proper porting without crippling patches would be useful for whole community. In taugris version I found these insufficiencies: avatar working only with JomSocial and profile links working only with JomSocial only with some luck. That's the main reason to port my module on my own.

More
15 years 1 month ago #8 by Philip Roy
Sorry, wasn't trying to cause an issue...was just a bit confused. Given that you've stated your code is the latest, I'm going to stick with your version.

Cheers,

Phil

More
15 years 1 month ago #9 by taurgis
I only ported it over since I needed it quite quickly and just posted it on the forum. In the files all author names should still be the same as in the original though.

Anyways if mods want to delete it go ahead.

Regards,
Thomas

More
15 years 1 month ago #10 by aniphreak
thanks for this...

many bugs tho that still the same with ported version of tarugis:

*not showing any avatar.
*readmore link not showing on 2 columns

hope it will be fixed soon!

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds