Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Loved Top topics module

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1 by sozzled
Top topics module was created by sozzled
A few of years ago I wrote a module for Joomla (for K 1.5 on J! 1.5) that displayed the "most popular topics"—that is, the topics in a Kunena forum that have been viewed the most number of times.

A couple of years ago a few people asked if I could update the original module to work with the current verson of Kunena at that time [K 2.0]. I did not have a lot of interest in rewriting this module at the time (and I knew that it would take a couple of days of my time to do it) and so the job was never done.

The original version is still available—although I cannot imagine why anyone would want it because it does not work with the latest versions of Joomla or Kunena—and people still download it! So I figured if there was a "need" for this I might as well update the work that I began over 5 years ago.

I am pleased to say that I have created a Top Topics for Kunena module for K 3.0 on J! 3.4.

In order for me to complete this task, I obtained some extra assistance from the Kunena team developers. Thanks to Matias and 810 for their expert help and guidance.

As much as I would love to distribute this module free-of-charge, I promised the guys that I would donate a few dollars for their time. Because I have spent money and several hours building the module, I cannot give it away for nothing but it is available at my website . I know this sounds like "advertising" (and I am mindful of the rules that apply here ) but the main reason I am mentioning this is to update the old information written elsewhere in
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Top topics module
Update: Around the same time as I built the original "popular posts" module—over 5 years ago, back in the days of K 1.5—I also created a "most-replied topics" module, too.

I redesigning the Top Topics for Kunena module that I contructed a few days ago, I thought it might be a good idea to extend the module to cover both cases where people might like to display

(a) topics in a Kunena forum that have been viewed the most number of times; or
(b) topics that have the most posts.

The redesigned Top Topics for Kunena module does both—the selection is via a module parameter in the backend (see attached screenshot):

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds